Sunday, November 1, 2009

This weekend

Since i worked all the time in high school, i never REALLY got to experience multiple Crazy-ass parties in the same weekend. Well now i did. Halloween is just another excuse to get hammered and ive got no problem with that. Friday Night was pretty good. I went to a small party with some kids from high school near Kutztown University. Them farm boys sure can handle their share i ll tell you that much. I was driving home so none for me. It was just a straighup good time with people i havent seen in a while. Saturday was a different story. There were at least 100 to 150 people there and all ive got to say is WOW. Ive seen some crazy shit but this probably tops the list. Anyway, there was a kid there who looked exactly like Billy Mays, he even brought Oxyclean with him. Ya know, just in case someone spilled something. This guy was legit. He even sounded like him, it was almost scary.

Earlier on Saturday in the morning i went out hunting. I was sitting there for about a half hour when i see a big deer coming towards me with his nose to the ground, smelling. This tells me its a buck because right now they are in their breeding season (rut), and he was smelling for does in estrus. He was still far away and i could just see a very small set of antlers. There is an antler restriction in Pa that is Three points on one side. Anything smaller cannot be harvested. This is to ensure that the deer that are taken are mature. He came closer and i kept looking at his antlers to see what he was. When i looked more closely, all i saw where points. I couldnt tell how many but estimated about thirteen. Even though his antlers did not have mass, he had points shooting out all over the place. A deer like this is termed non-typical, because the antlers do not grow relatively symetrical. Ive never seen a deer like this while i was hunting so it was a very cool experience. I could tell by his size that he was a mature deer. I had a doe decoy out in front of me to try to bring deer in closer. It worked, the buck saw it and instantly came over to it. He touched it with his nose and realized something wasnt right(because its made of plastic) but he hung around the area for a little bit. He stood about eight yards away from me(thats pretty freaking close). I was planning on taking a shot, but he didnt turn broadside for me. When hunting, it is crucial to make a clean shot for the welfare of the animal. If i tried to move he would have spotted me and took off. so i sat there and watched him walk away. This hunt was a great experience for me. hunting really lets you experience nature up close and personal. Every hunt i go on is a humbling experience. I really feel that a successful hunt is all about the thrill and not about the kill.

1 comment:

  1. I snuck up on an eight pointer the other day when the leaves were all wet, i got sooooo close it was crazy then it snorted at me so i figured i should walk away lol

    ReplyDelete